What makes for a good lover is the age-old question for gazillions of women the world over. If I had a penny for every time this was discussed by women I could afford to hire Bill Gates to explain my computer.
I deal with the question of a “good” lover in my book, “Meet Me Under The Eiffel Tower”. What kind of person will shake us to our core and forget all common sense and moral code and throw open our bodies and surrender? We are not talking about a good husband here so don’t get confused.
Obviously, it varies for each woman but there are some things that are commonplace between women that can’t be disputed. There are, afterall, a lot of frogs out there. A lot. Men who think they are Great Lovers (and they usually brag openly about it) probably are not. I discuss quite a few in my book. If you want to know about them, read the book. 🙂
1. A good lover treats a woman well before and after sex. If you don’t know what this means you need a shrink.
2. There must be honesty and trust between lovers. No one wants anything they do in the intimacy of their most vulnerable moments to come back and haunt them later.
3. Good lovers think as much about their partner’s pleasure as themselves. This is a Sacred Universal Truth known by all women everywhere since Eve. Equality in bed is tantamount to success!
4. Love-making starts long before a couple enters a boudoir. For Pete’s sake, listen to her thoughts, her conversation and respond! Don’t take her for granted. Stay interested in her as a person.
5. Don’t rush for God’s sake. This is another Universal Truth that should be shared with all men everywhere. She is more than the sum of three strategic points. Discover her body. Skin is the largest organ of the body. Make it tingle!
6. Discuss lovemaking prior to actually participating (especially if you are just beginning something new). Maybe one wants to do it one way, the other another. Compromise: do it both ways!
7. Do something unexpected for her: weed the garden, mow the grass, do her errands, run her bath and put candles on for her. Little things go a long way!
8. Variety is the spice of life. Try something new.
9. If you can’t afford to take her out, make a romantic dinner at home. If you can afford more, give more. Being a cheapskate never turned any female on, I can tell you.
10. Pay attention to your hygiene. Who wants a sweaty, smelly guy next to them? Go on a diet; we can’t breathe with a fat guy on top of us! Get your teeth professionally whitened. Gargle. Put on her favorite after shave lotion. Pay attention to yourself, gentlemen, and she will pay more attention to you, too.
11. Keep your sense of humor. Rome wasn’t built in a day.
Cut along the dotted line and give to someone who might need the hint!
Quote for the day: Can you imagine a world without men? Lots of fat, happy women!